The Lisbon Treaty is not a vote on our government. It is about how we see Ireland's place and influence within the European Union. It is a vote on our future. It is a vote that will affect the view of Ireland globally.
- Lisbon is good for democracy - it will give greater power to our directly elected MEPs and greater power to our National Governments.
- Lisbon will bring greater accountability to the Council of Ministers.
- Lisbon will enhance frameworks to deal with cross border crime such as human trafficking and drug smuggling.
- Lisbon will enshrine our rights in the Charter of Fundamental Rights.
- Lisbon enhances the EU's ability to continue as the the world's leading donor of aid to developing countries.
We, along with our European Partners have built a Union with an ethos of peace, prosperity and equality. Let's keep building and give ourselves the opportunity to face the future as a strong influencing member of this unique economic and social partnership. Voting YES gives us this opportunity.
VOTE YES on OCTOBER 2nd